Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday Bocce-Pinwheels

Our Friday night Bocce game is gaining even more popularity. Tonight the owners of the marina sent a professional photographer (tripod, lights, the works!) to take pictures for their new brochure. We're going to be famous!

The food has progressed from someone bringing a bag of chips to tonight when one of our neighbors brought a bbq and grilled sausages.
I made puff pasty pinwheels with prosciutto and parmigiano.
I had some puff pastry in the freezer that I had made a couple of months ago. It's fun to make the pastry, but you could absolutely use the frozen puff pasty available at most grocery stores. Then just roll out the pastry, layer the prosciutto and cheese, roll up and seal with an egg wash. Refrigerate for about a half an hour, then cut into slices and bake for about 15 minutes at 375 degrees. I've also made these with salami, cheese and mustard - always a crowd pleaser.

1 comment:

sarah saint said...

Oh, it's on. I'm so going to be making these pinwheels this weekend.