He's seven months and a real cutie.
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Clams in Cartoccio
I walked over to the fish market in the marina this morning and picked up some yummy steamer clams. The recipe is from Mario Batali's Italian Grill. I started by browning pancetta in olive oil, then adding chopped bell peppers, garlic and hot red pepper flakes. Add white wine and bring to a boil, stir in parsley, then set aside to cool completely. Cut squares of foil, add the clams, pancetta mixture, scatter with tomatoes - I used small green heirloom zebras and heirloom black cherry tomatoes.
Make a tight package with the foil and bbq over high heat for about 6 minutes. This recipe was so delicious and so easy. It would be a great dish for a crowd.
We also made an eggplant dish from the same cookbook. We sliced the eggplant lengthwise, scored them criss-crosswise (I'm sure that's not a word, but you know what I mean) and rubbed with a mixture of olive oil, fresh garlic, fresh oregano and salt & pepper. Put them on the bbq, cook for about 5 minutes, turn them over and cook for another couple of minutes.
Earlier in the day our neighbor Jane introduced us to her grandson, Cash.
He's seven months and a real cutie.
Very cute, but not as cute as my grandson! Sorry Jane, that was obnoxious of me. Next thing you know I'll be getting one of those license plate frames that say My Grandson is cuter than your Grandson.
He's seven months and a real cutie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I wonder if that would still be good with frozen seafood... not a lot of fresh aquatic options in northern MS, unless you count catfish.
Never cooked with heirloom zebras before, but I see them all the time at the farmer's market. I'll have to try them :)
I mean, when it's true it's true. Sorry Jane.
Post a Comment