At last Friday's Halloween Happy Hour, Dave challenged me to a cook-off. We decided on pork, but I didn't think we had decided on a date. This afternoon I get a call from Dave: What did you decide to cook? Me: I haven't decided yet, but it will be awesome. When do you want to have the challenge? How about tomorrow night? Dave: What? We have to do it tonight, I've been prepping for two days! Me: Uh, oh, guess I better get home and think pork.
Dave brought some incredible food - ribs cooked three ways (my favorite was with a cranberry sauce-yum), bruschetta with pistachio & lime crusted pork tenderloin, and chile verde. All delicious!! Luckily, in the freezer, I had some of the Pork Guazzetto (link to recipe) and homemade pasta (link to recipe) I made last week. I also had some ground pork and ground veal in the freezer, so I made meatballs (link to recipe), only this time I called them pork meatballs instead of veal meatballs!
The official tasters:
1 comment:
I hardly recongized the "official tasters" without the sombreros and live anchovies. Blech. Who won?
Post a Comment