We had to be in Northern California for business on Monday so decided to drive up a day early to visit Sarah, Jeff & Marco. They took us to Viansa Winery in Sonoma to see a wood burning pizza oven and of course to taste a few wines.
These pictures are for our friend Joe who (like Jeff) is thinking about installing a wood burning oven in his backyard:


Marco eying the pizzas:
Pizza Margherita:
Wild Mushroom Pizza:
The pizzas were delicious, so thin and crispy. I asked what type of flour they used and was surprised to hear they use regular all-purpose flour. I checked their recipe online and it was a standard pizza recipe except for the addition of 1/4 cup olive oil. That sure sounds like a lot of oil (maybe a typo?) but I'm going to give it a try. Of course without a pizza oven I know I can never achieve their crispy results but I am going to try rolling my dough much thinner and using toppings very sparingly. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Back in Oakland we all pitched in to make dinner. It is so fun to cook with Sarah & Jeff in their kitchen, they are so relaxed and it's always a fun time. Jeff barbecued a tri-tip, Sarah & I made a mushroom risotto and Sarah made a delicious apple and arugula salad. John supervised and kept our wine glasses full - a very important job!
Marco moves so fast these days it's hard for me to get his picture, but here are a few of the little cutie:
1 comment:
Thanks for the visit! It was a huge sacrifice. You know how we hate pizza, risotto and wine!
Post a Comment