Excited about the new starter, I attempted raisin bread. I used the Raisin Brioche recipe from Nancy Silverton's Breads from LaBrea Bakery. The bread takes three days to make. The first day you make a sponge from the starter, water, yeast, milk and flour and let it sit at room temperature for 12 hours. Then it goes in the refrigerator for another 12 hours. The second day you add eggs, more flour, sugar, salt, butter and golden raisins to the sponge. Only problem was, the recipe makes two 2 pound loaves and I only wanted to make one. I cut the ingredients in half on day one but got distracted on day two and added the full amount of flour. So it all went into the trash and the next day I started over at day one. Oh well, I learned a good lesson - now if I change a recipe I always write down the corrected quantities before I get started. Second attempt was successful - here are a couple of pics:
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment