Thursday, October 15, 2009

Spinach Soup

This a perfect meal for those nights when you get home late, you don't want to go out to eat, but you're starving to death and want to eat now. You can be at the table enjoying this comforting soup in less than 20 minutes.

Here is my variation of Mama's Spinach and Rice Soup. I started by chopping a couple of shallots and a garlic clove and sauteing in olive oil. I added about 5 cups of baby spinach leaves and seasoned with salt.


And after cooking for about one minute this is what the spinach looked like:

Next, I added chicken broth and when it came to a boil I added some riso. Riso is a pasta that is shaped like rice, you could substitute orzo or long grained rice. Cook until the pasta is done, about 10 minutes. I also made cheddar cheese toast under the broiler and sprinkled with ancho chile powder

And here you go:



No comments: