Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Asian Dinner


Last month I made three different sausages to stockpile in the freezer.  I pulled out some of the Chinese Pork & Shrimp Sausage for this dinner.  Start making this very quick meal by steaming white rice - I use a fool-proof rice cooker.  Form the sausage into patties and saute in a skillet until cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.  Remove the sausage and deglaze the pan with a little white wine.  Add chicken stock and oyster sauce and simmer until reduced.  Serve the sausage topped with the sauce and sliced green onions.  Steam the sugar snap peas, I cooked them in the microwave, covered with plastic wrap, for about 3 minutes.  Then toss the peas with sesame oil and sesame seeds.   Quick & delicious!!

These are the quantities to make about 1 pound of sausage:
  • 3/4 pound ground pork shoulder
  • 1/4 pound ground shrimp
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tabelspoons sherry
  • 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
  • 1 tablespoon fresh chopped ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon Chinese chili paste



No comments: