We decided to treat ourselves to veal chops for dinner the other night. The last time we planned to have veal chops we were anchored at Santa Cruz Island. We were really looking forward to our luxurious barbecue. I pulled the chops out of the freezer and set them out on the bow to defrost while John & I went for a dinghy ride. When we were headed back to the boat I noticed a couple of seagulls on the boat. Nooooooo, the blankety-blank flying rats had pecked through the ziploc and butcher paper and eaten our dinner. One chop was completely gone and only the bare bone of the other was left. We had hot dogs for dinner that night.
Not tonight. I simply seasoned the chops with a little olive oil and salt & pepper and John put them on the grill. Perfection! I served them with sauted Oyster mushrooms and steamed artichokes. We had just sat down to eat when Bobby knocked on our door, poked his head in and said, "I don't know what you're cooking tonight, but the smells coming from your boat are driving the whole marina crazy." Sometimes the simplest meals are the best.
1 comment:
Growl. (My stomach.)
Post a Comment