Friday, April 3, 2009

Sushi

Lia & I went to the fish market to pick up some salmon for dinner. When I spotted some beautiful tuna in the case I started craving sushi -well, OK, I'm always craving sushi. I convinced Lia sushi didn't have to be made with raw fish, that we could use cooked shrimp, so she decided to give it a try.

Back on the boat we rinsed, rinsed, rinsed and cooked the rice. Lia mixed in the seasoned rice wine vinegar and fanned the rice to cool.Thanks Jeff for the rice fan:Lia rolled her sushi with cooked shrimp, cucumber and avocado:
My spicy tuna roll:





Lia is now a sushi fan and plans on packing a bamboo rolling mat, ABC rice fan and misc. sushi ingredients, along with bread starter for Laura, in her suitcase - hope they don't have Italian beagles at Fiumicino!

No comments: