One of my "bread buddies", Joe, brought his focaccia to Bocce practice last night. His focaccia was great and it inspired me to give it a try. So I did, and while my bread was rising John & I went on a dinghy harbor cruise to see a reproduction of Columbus' Nina that was visiting our harbor:
The weather was so beautiful we took a ride out to the mile buoy:
Focaccia: Mix together starter, bread flour, salt yeast and olive in mixer for 5 minutes. Transfer dough to counter coated with flour and let rest for 5 minutes. Stretch the dough, fold envelope style and rest for 30 minutes. Repeat one more time. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper, place dough on pan, cover with plastic and let rise for 2 to 3 hours. Drizzle with olive oil infused with herbs and let rise another 30 minutes. Bake at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes.
1 comment:
I will choose to ignore this post - we are trying NOT to eat everything in sight. Yum... focaccia. I'm sure you gave the Captain more than a wave on his way up the dock.
Post a Comment